The stage is all set for the launch of The Elephant Chaser’s Daughter by Shilpa Raj on 28th of July 2017. Many well-known personalities will be present on the occasion and the book will be released to the audience there as well as worldwide. Today, I will be telling you why this book is a must read for all the readers who love reading good literature. I will be numbering the facts about this book which will make the readers more comfortable understanding my points. Also, I got my pre-release copy already and I will be posting the review very soon after the official release of the book. So, here are some reasons why you must read The Elephant Chaser’s Daughter by Shilpa Raj:
- First ever memoir by a Dalit woman: Shilpa’s book is a memoir and not only that, this is the first ever memoir written by a woman from the section of Indian society which is still known as untouchables by many! Thus, the book becomes a dare to the class of people who still believe that the fame and honour are only the things for those who belong to certain sections of the society. Shilpa’s The Elephant Chaser’s Daughter challenge the status quo and also bring a new dawn in the field of Indian writing.
- Honest and Unbarred narration: Shilpa Raj’s debut work does not contain some sort of fiction. This is an upfront narrative which discloses the events from the life of Shilpa without any hesitation whatsoever. She does not seem like a rookie first-time author at all. Her work is mature as well as honest and at the same time, bold and unbiased.
- Ugly side of the great Indian society: While most of the Dalit authors today focus on bringing the follies of the social structure and other things through fictitious accounts of narrative, Shilpa has decided to go the other way. Even in her debut work, she has written true accounts of the events and used her recollections as well as the recollections by her grandmother, father and mother to put forth her points. She does not only expose the duplicity of society but also focuses on the feministic notions.
- And at last, her touching story: Notwithstanding the great work done by Shilpa on other fronts, She has also put a great life in the memoir by bringing the story of her personal accounts. The stories related to her sister Kavya, her mother and her father as well as the simple events like her childish play and her school days… all are so emotional and touching that you will just love reading her book!
- Readers’ Response: The early readers of the memoir, who happen to be the top book critics as well, have responded all positive to the author and her book. National and international book reviewers have shown a great respect to the author’s attempt.
So, I believe that I have given enough reasons to the readers to go for Shilpa’s The Elephant Chaser’s Daughter! Reader friends, buy the book and know what Shilpa has to tell you about her life and life of millions like her who are deprived of basic facilities for survival! You can buy the book before it is released worldwide officially! Go the link below: